The Prague Representation to the EU started its work in June 2002. The Representation resides in the Prague House located in the ‘European Quarter’ of Brussels in the vicinity of the most significant European institutions and a number of agencies of various European regions, Pan-European Associations and other institutions.
The mission of the Prague Representation is to continue increasing awareness about Prague and its interests amongst the representatives of European institutions and other relevant organisations, and to report on the official and unofficial events within the EU, along with providing feedback on Prague interests and activities back to Prague, to its political representation and administrative leaders. Furthermore, one of the objectives of the Representation is to improve communication about European issues and possibilities that the EU offers for other Prague institutions, associations and citizens of the city. In all its activities the Prague Representation staff focuses on the important role of networking for the benefit of the city.
The activity of the Prague Representation is focused on several main areas:
- Monitoring EU events and reporting
- Defending and presenting the interests of the capital city of Prague
- Representing the city in various working groups and interest organisations
- Promoting Prague culture, arts, history (organising cultural events – exhibitions, concerts etc)
- Organising conferences, seminars, social events
- Agenda of the Committee of the Regions
Click Here for the analytical document „Activities of the Prague Representation in Brussels” as approved by the Council of the capital city of Prague in its meeting of 29. 6. 2007. (only in Czech language)